One of my favorite bloggers and Twitter pals, Stephanie from The Single Slant has given me this wonderful honor :) I started my blog to just vent and ramble, so I always get a kick out of knowing that people actually like and read my blog. It's very appreciated...and surprising lol.
About Me (crud...this is always hard):
1) My senior year in high school I attended college full-time instead of going to high school. It's a program they have in Ohio for students excelling in HS who have at least a 3.5 GPA. It was a year of college fully paid for and I got to hang out with college kids and not boring high schoolers lol. Loved it! I also got all my books for free and when it was time to sell them back I actually made money back.
2) In 2010, I was honored with the Chicago Archdiocesan Impact Award; an award given to only one person in the entire Chicago area who makes a significant impact to their organization. My job was than eliminated at the end of 2010...I think this is what Alanis Morissette meant when she said "Isn't it Ironic?".
3) I'm kind of a nerd. I love the internet and the fact that it's ever changing. The fact that Facebook changes weekly doesn't annoy or frustrate me it interest and excites me because there are so many options in the digital world. This is why I want to make the switch to this industry.
4) I'm addicted, like truly need a meeting level addicted, to my Blackberry. I like being connected with social media especially twitter. It's back to #3 and that whole nerd thing. I just love that I can be so connected to people all over.
5) I don't want to ever carry a child. Whenever I talk with someone about this they say "you'll change your mind" or they think I'm crazy. There is something so natural to women to make them want this, and something so unappealing to me to make me not want this at all. I want to live my life and get married and be selfish with my husband. I think most people have kids because they think they should not even because they want to. I want to be able to do something spontaneously without needing a sitter. I think me being honest about it is so much better than knowing I'll go along with it for someone else.
6) I'm currently going through the toughest time in my life but I am choosing to stay as positive as possible. I have been unemployed for more than 7 months which is no joy, although sleeping in is amazing. Sometimes we have to suffer the bumps to really appreciate the victories to come and I think that is what's going on with me right now. It also helped me realize I really want to follow my dreams career wise.
7) Wow I got pretty heavy on a few of those...time to be light. I'm a total goofball. I love making people laugh and often times I laugh at myself even when no one else is (it's not my fault they don't get real quality humor).
I always find it so hard to choose my favorite bloggers because there are so many talented bloggers out there. One of which gave me The Versatile Blogger Award, so I think that means I can't officially pick Stephanie even though I love her blog The Single Slant (make sure to check her out). I read blogs everyday but I've chosen a few that I always enjoy
The Fashion Bomb Daily has some really great and very unique fashion. I love getting ideas from this site.
Terez Owens dishes up "Real Sports, Real Dirt"...I love sports but what I love even more...DIRT! G
Major Must Haves This girl has the absolute cutest style. I don't think she's worn an outfit that I don't want. I love blogs like this!!
Mrs. Windy City Unplugged is a great Chicago site for fashion and info on what's going on in the city and the writer Brandi is a really cool girl!
Reminders for my unborn daughter is such a touching blog written by a new friend and sister separated at birth Nhycol. Us "Nicole's" get creative with our spelling!!
Kattastic Ramblings I love this blog because it kind of reminds me of my own. Katrina has a lot of opinions and isn't afraid to share them!!
Take the time to check out all of these wonderful blogs!! You won't be sorry :)